London To Manchester
Train Journey Information
- Train fares from£12.00
- Fastest route2h 8m
- Average journey time3h 5m
- Trains per dayAround 75
- Changes3 Changes
- Train operatorsAvanti West Coast, CrossCountry, East Midlands Railway, West Midlands Trains
London To Manchester
- 05:31London Euston08:23Manchester Piccadilly2h 52m, 1 Change
- 06:16London Euston08:27Manchester Piccadilly2h 11m, Direct
- 06:28London Euston09:24Manchester Piccadilly2h 56m, 1 Change
- 07:20London Euston09:28Manchester Piccadilly2h 8m, Direct
- 08:20London Euston10:28Manchester Piccadilly2h 8m, Direct
- How long does it take to travel from London to Manchester by train?Average journey time3h 5mIt takes around 3 hours 5 minutes by train from London to Manchester. Bear in mind that the journey time may be a little longer on weekends and holidays.
- How much does the train from London to Manchester cost?Train fares from£12.00Train tickets from London to Manchester cost as little as £12.00 if you book in advance, and the train fares are often higher when purchased on the day. Ticket prices also vary depending on the time of day, route, and class you book.
- What is the fastest journey from London to Manchester by train?Fastest route2h 8mThe fastest train will get you from London to Manchester in 2 hours 8 minutes. The slowest service is the late-evening departure which takes nearly 09 minutes travelling at a slower pace throughout the journey.
- What time does the last train from London to Manchester leave?Last train22:00The last train from London to Manchester departs at 22:00. Don’t miss it!
- When can I catch the first train from London to Manchester?First train05:31The first train leaves London at 05:31. Book in advance to save yourself some time in the morning.
- How many trains a day are there from London to Manchester?Trains per day75On an average weekday, around 75 trains travel from London to Manchester. The first train departs London Euston some time after 05:31 with departures continuing at intervals, until 22:00.
London To Manchester Train FAQs
London To Manchester Train
Manchester is the second-largest city in the UK and has a completely different feeling from London. In Manchester, regardless of football, music, art, industry, and even shopping, it can actually become a "party". No wonder this place can be called "24-hour party town".
Train Time From London To Manchester
The distance between London and Manchester is 163 miles. The average journey time between London and Manchester is 2 hours 35 minutes. The quickest route is 2hours 7minutes. On an average weekday, there are about 88 trains traveling from London to Manchester, leaving approximately every 14 minutes. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays.
Taking the train is the most popular way to travel from London to Manchester. Trains traveling from London to Manchester depart from London's Euston train station and take approximately 2 hours to arrive at Manchester's Picadilly train station. You can travel from London to Manchester without changing trains. Find direct trains to Manchester with our online journey planner. The first train leaves at 05:31 from London to Manchester, the last train from London to Manchester departs at 23:34, and you can buy your tickets in advance online or on mytrainpal to avoid rushing on the day.
How To Find Cheap Train Tickets From London To Manchester
Do you think First Class tickets are always more expensive? Think again. Depending on when you book, First Class tickets can sometimes be cheaper than Standard Class, so keep an eye out to enjoy a luxurious journey from London to Manchester for less.
Did you know that most train companies in the UK increase their prices as the departure date approaches? Our aim is to help you save – we’ll help you find the cheapest tickets.
Book in advance
Save up to 61%** when you book in advance. Look out for Advance tickets – they usually come out up to 12 weeks before the departure date.
Consider a Season Ticket
If you catch this train more than 3 times per week, you could save money with a Season Ticket. With annual, monthly, and weekly options available, find out if a season ticket for London to Manchester is right for you.
Use your Railcard
National Railcards offer up to 1/3 off train tickets in the UK and can be a great investment if you travel a few times or more in a year. Find out how you can save with a National Railcard.
London to Manchester train tickets can cost as little as $49 (€42), especially when you book tickets for this route in advance. Mytrainpal can save you money by finding you cheap deals on train tickets from London to Manchester for your next vacation.
If you are planning to travel by train from London to Manchester, find your one-way or round-trip tickets online and book with Trainpal. You can even use our app to get all travel-related information in one place, making your upcoming journey as smooth as possible.