Birmingham To London
Train Journey Information
- Train fares from£5.00
- Fastest route1h 22m
- Average journey time1h 57m
- Trains per dayAround 133
- Changes1 Change
- Train operatorsAvanti West Coast, Chiltern Railways, CrossCountry, West Midlands Trains
Birmingham To London
- 05:15Birmingham Moor Street07:04London Marylebone1h 49m, Direct
- 05:29Birmingham New Street07:05London Euston1h 36m, Direct
- 05:32Birmingham New Street07:38London Euston2h 6m, Direct
- 05:42Birmingham Moor Street07:54London Marylebone2h 12m, Direct
- 05:50Birmingham New Street07:13London Euston1h 23m, Direct
- How long does it take to travel from Birmingham to London by train?Average journey time1h 57mIt takes around 1 hour 57 minutes by train from Birmingham to London. Bear in mind that the journey time may be a little longer on weekends and holidays.
- How much does the train from Birmingham to London cost?Train fares from£5.00Train tickets from Birmingham to London cost as little as £5.00 if you book in advance, and the train fares are often higher when purchased on the day. Ticket prices also vary depending on the time of day, route, and class you book.
- What is the fastest journey from Birmingham to London by train?Fastest route1h 22mThe fastest train will get you from Birmingham to London in 1 hour 22 minutes. The slowest service is the late-evening departure which takes nearly 07 minutes travelling at a slower pace throughout the journey.
- What time does the last train from Birmingham to London leave?Last train23:10The last train from Birmingham to London departs at 23:10. Don’t miss it!
- When can I catch the first train from Birmingham to London?First train05:15The first train leaves Birmingham at 05:15. Book in advance to save yourself some time in the morning.
- How many trains a day are there from Birmingham to London?Trains per day133On an average weekday, around 133 trains travel from Birmingham to London. The first train departs Birmingham Moor Street some time after 05:15 with departures continuing at intervals, until 23:10.
Birmingham To London Train FAQs
Birmingham To London Train
The distance between Birmingham and London is 101 miles. The average journey time between Birmingham and London is 2 hours 1 minute. On an average weekday, there are 218 trains traveling from Birmingham to London. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays. The fastest journey time by train is 1 hour 13 minutes. It is possible to travel from Birmingham to London without having to change trains. The first train from Birmingham to London departs at 04:15. The last train from Birmingham to London departs at 23:10. With around three direct trains from Birmingham to London per hour to choose from, it's always easy to find a suitable departure time. In fact, there are hundreds of trains between the two cities each week and a typical journey normally takes about one hour and 30 minutes.
The departure and arrival stations for trains from Birmingham to London
Departure train station: Virgin Trains services from Birmingham to London normally depart from New Street Station. It is Birmingham's main station and easy to reach by bus or taxi. Access to trains from London is from the upper level, which is serviced by escalators and elevators. Some trains also leave Birmingham Moor Street Station which is just a short walk from New Street and also well served by local buses.
Arrival train station: Trains to London from Birmingham mainly terminate at Euston Station. Euston is just a few minutes walk from King's Cross Station and from the Eurostar links at St Pancras International. Travelers can take the underground (Victoria and Northern lines) to their final destination or catch one of the many buses that stop by the station concourse. Services provided by carriers like Chiltern Railways might arrive at Marylebone Station or St Pancras Station. Both stations are close to bus stops and taxi stands.
Train tickets from Birmingham to London can start from as little as £5.50 when you book in advance and are usually more expensive when purchased on the day. Prices can also vary depending on the time of day, route, and class you book.
How to find cheap train tickets from Birmingham to London
1.Book in advance.
Save up to 61%** when you book in advance. Look out for Advance tickets – they usually come out up to 12 weeks before the departure date.
2.Consider a Season Ticket.
If you catch this train more than 3 times per week, you could save money with a Season Ticket. With annual, monthly and weekly options available, find out if a season ticket for Birmingham to London is right for you.
3.Use your Railcard.
National Railcards offer up to 1/3 off train tickets in the UK and can be a great investment if you travel a few times or more in a year. Find out how you can save with a National Railcard.
If you’re looking for the return train journey, check out trains from London to Birmingham.
For more money-saving tips on the UK and European train travel, you can get more information on Trainpal. We will find the cheapest tickets for you.