Manchester (any) To London (any)
Train Journey Information
- Train fares from£12.50
- Fastest route2h 3m
- Average journey time3h 11m
- Trains per dayAround 119
- Changes3 Changes
- Train operatorsAvanti West Coast, CrossCountry, Northern, East Midlands Railway
Manchester (any) To London (any)
- 04:25Manchester Airport07:28London Euston3h 3m, 1 Change
- 05:45Manchester Airport08:10London Euston2h 25m, 1 Change
- 05:54Manchester Airport09:58London Euston4h 4m, 1 Change
- 06:10Manchester Airport08:44London Euston2h 34m, 1 Change
- 06:42Manchester Airport09:21London Euston2h 39m, 1 Change
- How long does it take to travel from Manchester (any) to London (any) by train?Average journey time3h 11mIt takes around 3 hours 11 minutes by train from Manchester (any) to London (any). Bear in mind that the journey time may be a little longer on weekends and holidays.
- How much does the train from Manchester (any) to London (any) cost?Train fares from£12.50Train tickets from Manchester (any) to London (any) cost as little as £12.50 if you book in advance, and the train fares are often higher when purchased on the day. Ticket prices also vary depending on the time of day, route, and class you book.
- What is the fastest journey from Manchester (any) to London (any) by train?Fastest route2h 3mThe fastest train will get you from Manchester (any) to London (any) in 2 hours 3 minutes. The slowest service is the late-evening departure which takes nearly 010 minutes travelling at a slower pace throughout the journey.
- What time does the last train from Manchester (any) to London (any) leave?Last train20:35The last train from Manchester (any) to London (any) departs at 20:35. Don’t miss it!
- When can I catch the first train from Manchester (any) to London (any)?First train05:05The first train leaves Manchester (any) at 05:05. Book in advance to save yourself some time in the morning.
- How many trains a day are there from Manchester (any) to London (any)?Trains per day119On an average weekday, around 119 trains travel from Manchester (any) to London (any). The first train departs Manchester (any) some time after 05:05 with departures continuing at intervals, until 20:35.
Manchester (any) To London (any) Train FAQs
Manchester To London Train
The distance between Manchester and London is 163 miles. The average journey time between Manchester and London is 2 hours 32 minutes. The fastest journey time by train is 1 hour 59 minutes. On an average weekday, there are 56 trains traveling from Manchester to London. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays. The first train from Manchester to London departs at 04:05. The last train from Manchester to London departs at 21:15. Of the 5 trains that leave Manchester for London every day 3 travel direct so it’s quite easy to avoid journeys where you’ll have to change along the way.
These direct trains cover the 163 miles distance in an average of 2 h 20 minutes but if you time it right, some trains will get you there in just 2 h 8 minutes .
The slowest trains will take 2 h 39 minutes and usually involve a change or two along the way, but you might be able to save a few pennies if you’re on a budget.
Departure And Arrival Stations For Trains From Manchester To London
Departure train station: Every train from Manchester to London departs from Manchester Piccadilly train station. Manchester Piccadilly is in central Manchester, in close walking distance to all the city's major commercial areas and business hubs. Manchester Piccadilly is wheelchair accessible, with a serviced ticket office, self-service ticket machines, and a wide variety of dining options throughout the station.
Arrival train station: Trains from Manchester to London arrive at London Euston Station. London Euston is one and a half miles (two and a half km) outside of central London. Travelers can walk to central London on foot in 35 minutes from London Euston, or take the Victoria Underground line, which takes only eight minutes. London Euston is well-connected to Greater London via the underground lines. The station has a large range of shopping and dining options, ticket offices, ticket machines, and a passenger information center.
How To Find Cheap Train Tickets From Manchester To London?
The best way to secure a cheap deal on a train from Manchester to London is to book well before the intended departure date. Ticket prices typically increase a lot closer to the date of departure so book around two months ahead of travel. To save more passengers can try to retain flexibility on the specific day of travel. To secure a good deal on tickets, check the cost of dates either side to see if there are savings available. If you have to travel on one specific date, look at different times during the day to get the best deal possible on tickets. Where possible, avoid traveling during peak travel time.
The best way to find a cheap fare is to book your ticket as far in advance as you can and to avoid traveling at rush hour. Train tickets from Manchester to London can start from as little as £25 when you book in advance and are usually more expensive when purchased on the day. Prices can also vary depending on the time of day, route, and class you book. It is possible to travel from Manchester to London without having to change trains.
Train companies often offer promotional prices and offer—by buying in advance—you can get access the best prices for trains. Search on Trainpal to check prices and book cheapest train tickets from Manchester to London. Easily find the most attractive rates and choose your preferred route for your journey. Book and choose your mobile ticket, avoiding the queues at the station and the added stress of printing your ticket.
Travel by train to London easily. Whether you want fast, cheap or something entirely different, our travel experts have collected everything you need to know so you can find the best option from Manchester to London.