Oxford To London (any)
Train Journey Information
- Train fares from£5.00
- Fastest route48m
- Average journey time1h 9m
- Trains per dayAround 121
- Changes1 Change
- Train operatorsChiltern Railways, CrossCountry, Great Western Railway
Oxford To London (any)
- 00:11Oxford01:17London Paddington1h 6m, Direct
- 00:45Oxford03:12London Paddington2h 27m, 1 Change
- 03:54Oxford06:05London Paddington2h 11m, 1 Change
- 05:20Oxford06:22London Paddington1h 2m, Direct
- 05:35Oxford07:03London Marylebone1h 28m, Direct
- How long does it take to travel from Oxford to London (any) by train?Average journey time1h 9mIt takes around 1 hour 9 minutes by train from Oxford to London (any). Bear in mind that the journey time may be a little longer on weekends and holidays.
- How much does the train from Oxford to London (any) cost?Train fares from£5.00Train tickets from Oxford to London (any) cost as little as £5.00 if you book in advance, and the train fares are often higher when purchased on the day. Ticket prices also vary depending on the time of day, route, and class you book.
- What is the fastest journey from Oxford to London (any) by train?Fastest route48mThe fastest train will get you from Oxford to London (any) in 048 minutes. The slowest service is the late-evening departure which takes nearly 02 minutes travelling at a slower pace throughout the journey.
- What time does the last train from Oxford to London (any) leave?Last train22:40The last train from Oxford to London (any) departs at 22:40. Don’t miss it!
- When can I catch the first train from Oxford to London (any)?First train03:54The first train leaves Oxford at 03:54. Book in advance to save yourself some time in the morning.
- How many trains a day are there from Oxford to London (any)?Trains per day121On an average weekday, around 121 trains travel from Oxford to London (any). The first train departs Oxford some time after 03:54 with departures continuing at intervals, until 22:40.
Oxford To London (any) Train FAQs
Oxford To London Train
Oxford, a city located on the upper bank of the Thames in the United Kingdom, is famous for its more than 30 Oxford University colleges scattered throughout the city.
As one of the world's leading academic centres, Oxford receives a continuous flow of tourists every day. The status of world-renowned universities and world-famous monuments make it an extremely dream city.
Oxford To London Train Times Information
The distance between Oxford and London is 52 miles. It is possible to travel from Oxford to London without having to change trains. Use our journey planner above to get direct train times from Oxford to London. The average journey time between Oxford and London is 1 hour and 8 minutes. On an average weekday, there are 116 trains travelling from Oxford to London. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays. The fastest journey time by train is 47 minutes. The first train from Oxford to London departs at 04:35. The last train from Oxford to London departs at 00:11.
Direct routes to London Paddington from Oxford courtesy of Great Western Railway run two to three times an hour, with a journey time of around 58m. There are also regular indirect services every hour, where you’ll need to change trains at either Reading or Didcot Parkway station – these services take around 1h 8m.
You’ll find a range of meals, snacks, and drinks on Great Western Railway trains, including breakfast, sandwiches, hot food, and a variety of hot and cold beverages. Most services also offer free WiFi.