London (any) To Liverpool (any)
Train Journey Information
- Train fares from£11.00
- Fastest route2h 6m
- Average journey time3h 4m
- Trains per dayAround 76
- Changes2 Changes
- Train operatorsAvanti West Coast, Northern, West Midlands Trains, Transport for Wales
London (any) To Liverpool (any)
- 06:06London Euston08:42Liverpool Lime St2h 36m, 1 Change
- 06:29London Euston09:41Liverpool Lime St3h 12m, 1 Change
- 07:03London Euston09:20Liverpool Lime St2h 17m, Direct
- 07:30London Euston10:02Liverpool Lime St2h 32m, 2 Changes
- 07:46London Euston11:43Liverpool Lime St3h 57m, 2 Changes
- How long does it take to travel from London (any) to Liverpool (any) by train?Average journey time3h 4mIt takes around 3 hours 4 minutes by train from London (any) to Liverpool (any). Bear in mind that the journey time may be a little longer on weekends and holidays.
- How much does the train from London (any) to Liverpool (any) cost?Train fares from£11.00Train tickets from London (any) to Liverpool (any) cost as little as £11.00 if you book in advance, and the train fares are often higher when purchased on the day. Ticket prices also vary depending on the time of day, route, and class you book.
- What is the fastest journey from London (any) to Liverpool (any) by train?Fastest route2h 6mThe fastest train will get you from London (any) to Liverpool (any) in 2 hours 6 minutes. The slowest service is the late-evening departure which takes nearly 09 minutes travelling at a slower pace throughout the journey.
- What time does the last train from London (any) to Liverpool (any) leave?Last train21:08The last train from London (any) to Liverpool (any) departs at 21:08. Don’t miss it!
- When can I catch the first train from London (any) to Liverpool (any)?First train05:27The first train leaves London (any) at 05:27. Book in advance to save yourself some time in the morning.
- How many trains a day are there from London (any) to Liverpool (any)?Trains per day76On an average weekday, around 76 trains travel from London (any) to Liverpool (any). The first train departs London (any) some time after 05:27 with departures continuing at intervals, until 21:08.
- Buying your train ticket from London to Liverpool 3 weeks in advance means you can save on average up to 29% compared to the price available on the day of departure.
- If you book a ticket from London to Liverpool with 2 months in advance you save up to about 5% compared to the initial price.
- By booking 3 months in advance, you could save up to 5%.
- On Trainpal you can find all offers, train times, and prices for train travel.
London (any) To Liverpool (any) Train FAQs
London To Liverpool Train
London To Liverpool Train Times Information
The distance between London and Liverpool is 178 miles. Avanti West Coast (formerly Virgin Trains) operates a direct service from London to Liverpool Lime Street departing at every 7 minutes past the hour, taking 2h 12m. The average journey time between London and Liverpool is 3 hours 2 minutes. On an average weekday, there are 62 trains traveling from London to Liverpool. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays. The fastest journey time by train is 2 hours 1 minute. There’s also a direct West Midlands Trains service, although this stops at more stations along the way and takes around 3h 54m. You can also travel from London to Liverpool via an indirect service, leaving at every 10 minutes and 40 minutes past the hour and changing at Crewe to hop on a West Midlands Trains service, which takes around 2h 33m. The first train from London to Liverpool departs at 04:27. The last train from London to Liverpool departs at 21:21. No sleeper services are available. There may also be fewer services on weekends and public holidays.
If you’re traveling on a direct Avanti West Coast (formerly Virgin Trains) service, the onboard food shop serves hot and cold drinks and snacks. Free WiFi is available on all Avanti West Coast (formerly Virgin Trains), as well as free films, TV programs, magazines, and games via their Avanti Media entertainment service on Voyager trains. Traveling in First Class? You’ll enjoy complimentary at-seat dining during your journey (Monday to Friday only).
The best way to find a cheap fare is to book your ticket as far in advance as you can and to avoid traveling at rush hour.
Train companies often offer promotional prices and offer—by buying in advance—you can get access to the best prices for trains in the U.S., Canada, and the major European railroad operators. Search on Trainpal to check prices and cheap train tickets from London to Liverpool. Easily find the most attractive rates and choose your preferred route for your journey. Book and choose your mobile ticket: avoid the queues at the station and the added stress of printing your ticket.
The rule of buying in advance to save money is not only valid when booking a flight but also for train travel. Train tickets are generally on sale 6 months before the departure date. Some train booking tips from us:
If you’re looking for the return train journey, check out trains from Liverpool to London.
Our aim is to help you save money, if you want to find the cheapest ticket, you can get more information on Trainpal.