London to Liverpool
train journey information
- Train fares from£12.00
- Fastest route2h 13m
- Average journey time2h 46m
- Trains per dayAround 33
- Train operatorsAvanti West Coast, Transpennine Express, West Midlands Trains, Transport For Wales Rail
London to Liverpool
- 11:07London Euston13:20Liverpool Lime St2h 13m, Direct
- 12:07London Euston14:19Liverpool Lime St2h 12m, Direct
- 13:07London Euston15:19Liverpool Lime St2h 12m, Direct
- 14:07London Euston16:20Liverpool Lime St2h 13m, Direct
- 15:07London Euston17:20Liverpool Lime St2h 13m, Direct
- How long does it take to travel from London to Liverpool by train?Average journey time2h 46mIt takes around 2 hours 46 minutes by train from London to Liverpool. Bear in mind that the journey time may be a little longer on weekends and holidays.
- How much does the train from London to Liverpool cost?Train fares from£12.00Train tickets from London to Liverpool cost as little as £12.00 if you book in advance, and the train fares are often higher when purchased on the day. Ticket prices also vary depending on the time of day, route, and class you book.
- What is the fastest journey from London to Liverpool by train?Fastest route2h 13mThe fastest train will get you from London to Liverpool in 2 hours 13 minutes. The slowest service is the late-evening departure which takes nearly 8 hours 51 minutes travelling at a slower pace throughout the journey.
- What time does the last train from London to Liverpool leave?Last train15:10The last train from London to Liverpool departs at 15:10. Don’t miss it!
- When can I catch the first train from London to Liverpool?First train07:07The first train leaves London at 07:07. Book in advance to save yourself some time in the morning.
- How many trains a day are there from London to Liverpool?Trains per day33On an average weekday, around 33 trains travel from London to Liverpool. The first train departs London Euston some time after 07:07 with departures continuing at intervals, until 15:10.
London to Liverpool
London to Liverpool train
London to Liverpool train times information
The distance between London and Liverpool is 178 miles. Avanti West Coast (formerly Virgin Trains) operates a direct service from London to Liverpool Lime Street departing at every 7 minutes past the hour, taking 2h 12m. The average journey time between London and Liverpool is 3 hours 2 minutes. On an average weekday, there are 62 trains traveling from London to Liverpool. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays. The fastest journey time by train is 2 hours 1 minute. There’s also a direct West Midlands Trains service, although this stops at more stations along the way and takes around 3h 54m. You can also travel from London to Liverpool via an indirect service, leaving at every 10 minutes and 40 minutes past the hour and changing at Crewe to hop on a West Midlands Trains service, which takes around 2h 33m. The first train from London to Liverpool departs at 04:27. The last train from London to Liverpool departs at 21:21. No sleeper services are available. There may also be fewer services on weekends and public holidays.
If you’re traveling on a direct Avanti West Coast (formerly Virgin Trains) service, the onboard food shop serves hot and cold drinks and snacks. Free WiFi is available on all Avanti West Coast (formerly Virgin Trains), as well as free films, TV programs, magazines, and games via their Avanti Media entertainment service on Voyager trains. Traveling in First Class? You’ll enjoy complimentary at-seat dining during your journey (Monday to Friday only).
The best way to find a cheap fare is to book your ticket as far in advance as you can and to avoid traveling at rush hour.
Train companies often offer promotional prices and offer—by buying in advance—you can get access to the best prices for trains in the U.S., Canada, and the major European railroad operators. Search on Trainpal to check prices and cheap train tickets from London to Liverpool. Easily find the most attractive rates and choose your preferred route for your journey. Book and choose your mobile ticket: avoid the queues at the station and the added stress of printing your ticket.
The rule of buying in advance to save money is not only valid when booking a flight but also for train travel. Train tickets are generally on sale 6 months before the departure date. Some train booking tips from us:
Buying your train ticket from London to Liverpool 3 weeks in advance means you can save on average up to 29% compared to the price available on the day of departure.
If you book a ticket from London to Liverpool with 2 months in advance you save up to about 5% compared to the initial price.
By booking 3 months in advance, you could save up to 5%.
On Trainpal you can find all offers, train times, and prices for train travel.
If you’re looking for the return train journey, check out trains from Liverpool to London.
Our aim is to help you save money, if you want to find the cheapest ticket, you can get more information on Trainpal.