Leeds To London
Train Journey Information
- Train fares from£10.00
- Fastest route1h 59m
- Average journey time2h 32m
- Trains per dayAround 67
- Changes1 Change
- Train operatorsNorthern, LNER, East Midlands Railway, TransPennine Express
Leeds To London
- 02:26Leeds07:02London Kings Cross4h 36m, 1 Change
- 05:05Leeds07:32London Kings Cross2h 27m, Direct
- 05:19Leeds08:55London St Pancras International3h 36m, Direct
- 05:30Leeds08:02London Kings Cross2h 32m, Direct
- 06:34Leeds10:04London St Pancras International3h 30m, 1 Change
- How long does it take to travel from Leeds to London by train?Average journey time2h 32mIt takes around 2 hours 32 minutes by train from Leeds to London. Bear in mind that the journey time may be a little longer on weekends and holidays.
- How much does the train from Leeds to London cost?Train fares from£10.00Train tickets from Leeds to London cost as little as £10.00 if you book in advance, and the train fares are often higher when purchased on the day. Ticket prices also vary depending on the time of day, route, and class you book.
- What is the fastest journey from Leeds to London by train?Fastest route1h 59mThe fastest train will get you from Leeds to London in 1 hour 59 minutes. The slowest service is the late-evening departure which takes nearly 04 minutes travelling at a slower pace throughout the journey.
- What time does the last train from Leeds to London leave?Last train21:42The last train from Leeds to London departs at 21:42. Don’t miss it!
- When can I catch the first train from Leeds to London?First train02:35The first train leaves Leeds at 02:35. Book in advance to save yourself some time in the morning.
- How many trains a day are there from Leeds to London?Trains per day67On an average weekday, around 67 trains travel from Leeds to London. The first train departs Leeds some time after 02:35 with departures continuing at intervals, until 21:42.
- East Coast
- Grand Central
- London North Eastern Railway
- Virgin East Coast
Leeds To London Train FAQs
Leeds To London Train
Leeds is the third-largest city in the United Kingdom and the capital of West Yorkshire, England. The city of Leeds is the second-largest financial center and the second largest legal center in the United Kingdom. It is an important economic, commercial, industrial, and cultural center in central England. It is one of the eight core cities in England. It is located between the geographic center of the United Kingdom, London, and Edinburgh. It is an important transportation hub in the UK.
Leeds To London Train Time Information
London North Eastern Railway (LNER) provides daily direct trains from Leeds to London King's Cross Station. In addition, East Midlands Trains operate direct services to London St Pancras. Indirect connections involve taking Northern Rail or Transpennine Express services to York, connecting with LNER or Grand Central Trains departures south to London. The distance between Leeds and London is 169 miles. It is possible to travel from Leeds to London without having to change trains. We usually find around 35 direct trains on the route from Leeds to London every weekday. Trains are typically more frequent on weekends when we found around 38 departures. You can search for the timetable on Trainpal. The average journey time between Leeds and London is 3 hours 9 minutes. On an average weekday, there are 48 trains traveling from Leeds to London. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays. The fastest journey time by train is 1 hour 59 minutes. The first train from Leeds to London departs at 04:05. The last train from Leeds to London departs at 20:45. Of the 13 trains that leave Leeds for London every day 9 travel direct so it’s quite easy to avoid journeys where you’ll have to change along the way.
How To Find The Cheapest Train Tickets?
More than one train company operates on the route from Leeds to London, so you’ll be traveling with one or more of the following rail operators:
The best way to find a cheap fare is to book your ticket as far in advance as you can and to avoid traveling at rush hour. The earlier you book the better, and the cheapest tickets we've found for trains from Leeds to London are $19.98. Trains departing 30 days in advance will cost around $29 while booking 7 days in advance the price is around $36. Booking on the day of travel is likely to be more expensive, so it is worth booking in advance if you can to save money.
Trains in the UK usually open for booking for around 3 months in advance. If the booking is not yet open for your dates then you can set a booking alert to receive an email on the day that the cheapest tickets are released for your journey from Leeds to London by train.
Did you know that most train companies in the UK increase their prices as the departure date approaches? Our aim is to help you save money, if you want to find the cheapest ticket, you can get more information on Trainpal.