Bristol To London
Train Journey Information
- Train fares from£15.00
- Fastest route1h 13m
- Average journey time1h 26m
- Trains per dayAround 46
- Changes1 Change
- Train operatorsCrossCountry, Great Western Railway
Bristol To London
- 05:03Bristol Parkway06:26London Paddington1h 23m, Direct
- 05:54Bristol Parkway07:16London Paddington1h 22m, Direct
- 06:29Bristol Parkway07:44London Paddington1h 15m, Direct
- 06:43Bristol Parkway10:59London Waterloo4h 16m, 2 Changes
- 07:00Bristol Parkway08:16London Paddington1h 16m, Direct
- How long does it take to travel from Bristol to London by train?Average journey time1h 26mIt takes around 1 hour 26 minutes by train from Bristol to London. Bear in mind that the journey time may be a little longer on weekends and holidays.
- How much does the train from Bristol to London cost?Train fares from£15.00Train tickets from Bristol to London cost as little as £15.00 if you book in advance, and the train fares are often higher when purchased on the day. Ticket prices also vary depending on the time of day, route, and class you book.
- What is the fastest journey from Bristol to London by train?Fastest route1h 13mThe fastest train will get you from Bristol to London in 1 hour 13 minutes. The slowest service is the late-evening departure which takes nearly 02 minutes travelling at a slower pace throughout the journey.
- What time does the last train from Bristol to London leave?Last train21:28The last train from Bristol to London departs at 21:28. Don’t miss it!
- When can I catch the first train from Bristol to London?First train05:03The first train leaves Bristol at 05:03. Book in advance to save yourself some time in the morning.
- How many trains a day are there from Bristol to London?Trains per day46On an average weekday, around 46 trains travel from Bristol to London. The first train departs Bristol Parkway some time after 05:03 with departures continuing at intervals, until 21:28.
Bristol To London Train FAQs
Bristol To London Train
There are many reasons to visit Bristol with an exciting culture and also being one of the most alternative cities in the UK. The legendary street artist, Banksy, grew up in the city which means many of his artworks can be found in the area. A visit to the impressive Clifton Suspension Bridge can provide visitors with fantastic views of the Avon Gorge. There are also other natural sites for visitors to enjoy such as Dyrham Park or the Wookey Hole Caves. You can also visit festivals such as the International Balloon Fiesta or the Festival of Ideas.
Bristol To London Train Times Information
The distance between Bristol and London is 104 miles. It is possible to travel from Bristol to London without having to change trains. The average journey time between Bristol and London is 1 hour 42 minutes. On an average weekday, there are 82 trains traveling from Bristol to London. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays. The fastest journey time by train is 1 hour 20 minutes. The first train from Bristol to London departs at 03:53. The last train from Bristol to London departs at 22:40. Great Western Railway operates services between Bristol and London Station. Direct trains leave on the hour and every 30 minutes past – although departures can be less regular in the evenings – taking around 1h 45m to reach London or 1h 36m on the fastest services. You can also travel via indirect routes, which typically include a change at Bristol Parkway station with minimal waiting times between trains.
Great Western Railway offers food and drink options on their high-speed services, including breakfast and an all-day menu. Free WiFi is also available on most of their services, and if you’d like to take a bicycle on board, you’re advised to reserve a bike space before you board.
Trains in the UK usually open for booking for around 3 months in advance. If the booking is not yet open for your dates then you can set a booking alert to receive an email on the day that the cheapest tickets are released for your journey from London to Bristol by train. The best way to find a cheap fare is to book your ticket as far in advance as you can and to avoid traveling at rush hour. The average ticket from London to Bristol will cost around £ 103 if you buy it on the day, but the cheapest tickets can be found for only £ 58.
On Trainpal you can find all offers, train times and prices for train travel in Europe. Our aim is to help you save money, if you want to find the cheapest ticket, you can get more information on Trainpal.