Bristol (any) To London (any)
Train Journey Information
- Train fares from£10.50
- Fastest route1h 12m
- Average journey time1h 58m
- Trains per dayAround 162
- Changes3 Changes
- Train operatorsGreat Western Railway, South Western Railway
Bristol (any) To London (any)
- 05:03Bristol Parkway06:59London Euston1h 56m, Direct
- 05:54Bristol Parkway07:44London Euston1h 50m, Direct
- 06:28Bristol Parkway08:12London Euston1h 44m, Direct
- 06:59Bristol Parkway08:44London Euston1h 45m, Direct
- 07:29Bristol Parkway09:12London Euston1h 43m, Direct
- How long does it take to travel from Bristol (any) to London (any) by train?Average journey time1h 58mIt takes around 1 hour 58 minutes by train from Bristol (any) to London (any). Bear in mind that the journey time may be a little longer on weekends and holidays.
- How much does the train from Bristol (any) to London (any) cost?Train fares from£10.50Train tickets from Bristol (any) to London (any) cost as little as £10.50 if you book in advance, and the train fares are often higher when purchased on the day. Ticket prices also vary depending on the time of day, route, and class you book.
- What is the fastest journey from Bristol (any) to London (any) by train?Fastest route1h 12mThe fastest train will get you from Bristol (any) to London (any) in 1 hour 12 minutes. The slowest service is the late-evening departure which takes nearly 09 minutes travelling at a slower pace throughout the journey.
- What time does the last train from Bristol (any) to London (any) leave?Last train22:40The last train from Bristol (any) to London (any) departs at 22:40. Don’t miss it!
- When can I catch the first train from Bristol (any) to London (any)?First train05:00The first train leaves Bristol (any) at 05:00. Book in advance to save yourself some time in the morning.
- How many trains a day are there from Bristol (any) to London (any)?Trains per day162On an average weekday, around 162 trains travel from Bristol (any) to London (any). The first train departs Bristol (any) some time after 05:00 with departures continuing at intervals, until 22:40.
Bristol (any) To London (any) Train FAQs
Bristol To London Train
There are many reasons to visit Bristol with its exciting culture and also being one of the most alternative cities in the UK. The legendary street artist, Banksy, grew up in the city which means many of his artworks can be found in the area. A visit to the impressive Clifton Suspension Bridge can provide visitors with fantastic views of the Avon Gorge. There are also other natural sites for visitors to enjoy such as Dyrham Park or the Wookey Hole Caves. You can also visit festivals such as the International Balloon Fiesta or the Festival of Ideas.
Bristol To London Train Times Information
The distance between Bristol and London is 104 miles. It is possible to travel from Bristol to London without having to change trains. The average journey time between Bristol and London is 1 hour 42 minutes. On an average weekday, there are 82 trains travelling from Bristol to London. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays. The fastest journey time by train is 1 hour 20 minutes. The first train from Bristol to London departs at 03:53. The last train from Bristol to London departs at 22:40. Great Western Railway operates services between Bristol and London Station. Direct trains leave on the hour and every 30 minutes past – although departures can be less regular in the evenings – taking around 1h 45m to reach London or 1h 36m on the fastest services. You can also travel via indirect routes, which typically include a change at Bristol Parkway station with minimal waiting times between trains.
Great Western Railway offers food and drink options on their high-speed services, including breakfast and an all-day menu. Free WiFi is also available on most of their services, and if you’d like to take a bicycle on board, you’re advised to reserve a bike space before you board.
Trains in the UK are usually open for booking for around 3 months in advance. If the booking is not yet open for your dates then you can set a booking alert to receive an email on the day that the cheapest tickets are released for your journey from London to Bristol by train. The best way to find a cheap fare is to book your ticket as far in advance as you can and to avoid travelling during rush hour. The average ticket from London to Bristol will cost around £103 if you buy it on the day, but the cheapest tickets can be found for only £58.