Brighton To London
Train Journey Information
- Train fares from£5.00
- Fastest route1h 3m
- Average journey time1h 10m
- Trains per dayAround 193
- Changes1 Change
- Train operatorsThameslink, Southern
Brighton To London
- 00:04Brighton01:36London Blackfriars1h 32m, Direct
- 03:22Brighton05:24London Bridge2h 2m, 1 Change
- 05:06Brighton06:15London Bridge1h 9m, Direct
- 05:18Brighton06:30London Victoria1h 12m, Direct
- 05:28Brighton06:34London Bridge1h 6m, Direct
- How long does it take to travel from Brighton to London by train?Average journey time1h 10mIt takes around 1 hour 10 minutes by train from Brighton to London. Bear in mind that the journey time may be a little longer on weekends and holidays.
- How much does the train from Brighton to London cost?Train fares from£5.00Train tickets from Brighton to London cost as little as £5.00 if you book in advance, and the train fares are often higher when purchased on the day. Ticket prices also vary depending on the time of day, route, and class you book.
- What is the fastest journey from Brighton to London by train?Fastest route1h 3mThe fastest train will get you from Brighton to London in 1 hour 3 minutes. The slowest service is the late-evening departure which takes nearly 01 minute travelling at a slower pace throughout the journey.
- What time does the last train from Brighton to London leave?Last train23:42The last train from Brighton to London departs at 23:42. Don’t miss it!
- When can I catch the first train from Brighton to London?First train04:12The first train leaves Brighton at 04:12. Book in advance to save yourself some time in the morning.
- How many trains a day are there from Brighton to London?Trains per day193On an average weekday, around 193 trains travel from Brighton to London. The first train departs Brighton some time after 04:12 with departures continuing at intervals, until 23:42.
Brighton To London Train FAQs
Brighton To London Train
Located on the south coast of England, less than an hour from London by train, Brighton is one of the UK's most popular destinations. Whilst it has long been known as a seaside resort, there is far more to Brighton than just fish and chips on the beach! Brighton railway station is the southern terminus of the Brighton mainline in England, and the principal station serving the city of Brighton, East Sussex.
Brighton To London Train Times Information
The distance between Brighton and London Victoria is 46 miles. It is 50 miles 49 chains (81.45 km) from London Bridge via Redhill. It is possible to travel from Brighton to London Victoria without having to change trains. Use our journey planner to get direct train times from Brighton to London Victoria. The average journey time between Brighton and London Victoria is 1 hour 24 minutes. On an average weekday, there are 126 trains traveling from Brighton to London Victoria. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays. The fastest journey time by train is 55 minutes. The first train from Brighton to London Victoria departs at 03:33. The last train from Brighton to London Victoria departs at 23:13. No sleeper services are available. There may also be fewer services on weekends and public holidays. With up to seven departures per hour, trains from Brighton to London are an excellent way to reach the capital from the seaside city. The route is shared between Thameslink trains, Southern Trains, and the Gatwick Express. All trains arrive at one of London's busy train stations that are centrally located with links to the London Underground and local bus routes for easy onward travel. Whenever passengers decide to travel, they won't have to wait long for the next direct train from Brighton to London.
The Stations From Brighton To London
With up to seven departures per hour, trains from Brighton to London are an excellent way to reach the capital from the seaside city. The route is shared between Thameslink trains, Southern Trains, and the Gatwick Express. All trains arrive at one of London's busy train stations that are centrally located with links to the London Underground and local bus routes for easy onward travel. Whenever passengers decide to travel, they won't have to wait long for the next direct train from Brighton to London.
Departure train station: All trains depart from Brighton Railway station. The station is less than a mile from the beach front and many other tourist attractions including Victoria Gardens and the Brighton Dome. The station is also accessible via numerous local bus routes. Within the station, passengers will find ATMs, WiFi, refreshment facilities and shops.
Arrival train station: Trains terminate at either London St. Pancras or London Victoria. St Pancras is in North London, and also provides links to Eurostar services for international travel. Both St. Pancras and Victoria have good links to both local bus routes and the London Underground lines. Victoria can be found in the heart of Westminster within walking distance of tourist attractions such as Buckingham Palace and St. James' Park. Both stations have extensive facilities including shops, cafes and restaurants.
Did you know that most train companies in the UK increase their prices as the departure date approaches? Our aim is to help you save money, if you want to find the cheapest ticket, you can get more information on Trainpal.